Whether you’re a lifelong vegan or someone who’s exploring a plant-based diet, there’s an event for you coming up in Bethlehem.
From noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at Payrow Plaza, come out and enjoy food and listen to speakers at the latest installment of the Mercy Vegan Pop Up, a grassroots fest that celebrates all things vegan.
The event is co-hosted by Animal Defenders Greater Lehigh Valley and DJ Brad Scott Smith.
Here’s just a sample of what’s in store:
Sink your teeth into delicious eats from these vendors and more:
- Parmagianni Pizza, who will be selling their Detroit-style pizza
- Vegan Trays who makes vegan ziti, stuffed shells, mac n cheese
- De Novo Creamery of Bethlehem, featuring ice cream and their special “sammies,” which are two large cookies stuffed with their ice cream
- Bake A Re of Nazareth, featuring specialty baked goods as well as gluten-free options
- Black Magic Donuts, a small batch donut purveyor from Easton
- Butterhead Kitchen of Easton, which specializes in small batch vegan foods and holds cooking classes in the Lehigh Valley
In addition, Animal Defenders Greater Lehigh Valley, co-host, will have a table selling iced coffee and teas from Terra Cafe of Easton and prepared foods from local Sunneen Health Foods.
- Binnie & Clode, a candle and diffuser-maker from NJ
- For the Animals Inspired Creations, a local crafter who makes specialty items for the kitchen, jewelry, wallets, insulated drink cups and more
- Lehigh Valley Girls Rock!, a local nonprofit that’s dedicated to empowering girls, women, and nonbinary/trans folks through music and art.
- Trap Free America PA, a nonprofit working to end trapping of wild animals
- Finding Shelter Rescue, a nonprofit, no-kill, volunteer-supported animal rescue organization dedicated to the saving, rehabilitation, training and permanently placing of dogs and cats in need.
- Lehigh Valley Osteopathy for Everybody: Plant-based medicine physicians in Hellertown, who will be selling their microgreens kits and discussing their programs
- Vitality Healthcare Center of Emmaus: Dr. Darin Mazepa and team will be there discussing their holistic treatments. Mazepa’s son will also have a table next to his dad, selling spin art.
Speakers, music and more
- 1 to 1:30 p.m.: Robyn Achey, “Veganism and Spiritual Growth” energy, empathy, and expansion. Achey has co-owned Tall Tails Training and Boarding for 27 years, as well as co-hosts a Tuesday morning radio show based in West Chester, Chester County called “Fresh Perspectives.” She is also a reiki master.
- 1:45 to 2:30 p.m. “Naturespeaking,” a transcendent musical experience and songwriting project of indie musician Jack O’Connor
- 2:45 to 3:15 p.m. Grace Herbert Kelly, who is the co-founder and president of Finding Shelter Animal Rescue. She works 7 days a week with Pennsylvania puppy mill farmers and breeders rescuing dogs that would not be sellable in the eyes of the breeders. Having saved 2,000 animals over the past 12 years, Kelly is the relentless voice behind Victoria’s Law, legislation written to promote animal welfare and adoption, protect consumers and promote transparency in advertising.