When it comes to food, it is important to consume healthy food to live a healthy lifestyle. To consume more healthy food, prioritize eating more vegan organic food.
Fruits and vegetables that are organically grown reduce your exposure to harmful chemicals. It is proven by researchers that organic food contains the least pesticides. With the Dinnerly discount codes, you can get fresh organic vegan food delivered to your doorstep at good prices.
Vegetables and fruits that are grown using pesticides or other chemicals are called non-organic food and are found to have fewer minerals and vitamins. Non-organic food is being sold at many grocery stores. You can simply avoid this trend, and be part of an organic vegan diet by gardening in your backyard.
Health benefits of organic vegan food
There are quite many health benefits of consuming organic vegan food in your daily life. The antioxidant compound is one of the important nutritional benefits of organic vegan food when compared to non-organic vegan food.
Food that is grown organic contains more than 65 percent of antioxidants known as anthocyanin, phenol carboxylic acids, and dihydroflavones, more than antioxidants found in non-organic food.
Experts did a study and claim that organic strawberries also have 9 percent more vitamin C and antioxidants than those that are grown by chemicals. Besides reducing the risk for several diseases, these antioxidants also assist athletes in training.
Another study proves that organic milk contains omega-3 60 percent more than it is found in non-organic milk. Here are some of the benefits your body can get from consuming organic vegan food
Individuals on an organic vegan diet tend to lose weight faster than those that are on a meat-based diet or semi-vegetarian. Organic vegan meals have a lower body mass which helps to avoid gaining extra weight.
There is a huge variety of meat-based meals that are rich in fat, it is recommended to switch this animal-based food with vegan food that is low in calories and assists individuals to balance their weight.
Heart health is improvised
A study shows that consuming more plant-based food and a lesser intake of meat-based food assists in decreasing the chances of death and heart diseases.
A plant-based diet can improve heart health in many ways. But consuming animal products like butter, meat and cheese can make your body gain saturated fat. Eating saturated fat food can increase your cholesterol level which can increase the chances of heart disease.
Less risk of type 2 diabetes
Consuming organic plant-based food like vegetables, fruits nuts, legumes, and nuts can assist to decrease the chance of type 2 diabetes.
The risk of cancer is decreased
It might be because plant-based foods are rich in phytochemicals, fiber, and vitamins, compounds found in plants that assist the body and provide protection against cancers.
A study shows that consuming an organic vegan diet can reduce the chance of cancer by 15-20 percent. It is also said that consuming red meat more than you are required can increase the chances to cause cancer.
Can organic food ever be unhealthy?
There are many foods labeled as “organic” that are found to be more nutritious also lower in fat and taste better than food that is not labeled as “organic”. For many people, all organic foods are taken as healthier even if they are not. Organic gum and vodka are not good for your health even if it marked as organic.
Nutrients important to consume
Following a vegan diet can remove some food nutrients because of restrictions on food in the diet. The reason individuals should plan their meals and make sure to consume the required nutrients and avoid diseases.
Nutritions that are important to consume but found to be less in a vegan diet are the following.
- Calcium – Calcium is a central nutrient for your bones, as it toughens your bones. Consuming leafy greens, tofu and tahini can assist your body to increase calcium levels.
- Omega-3 – There are 3 kinds of omega-3 known as ALA, EPA, and DHA. Omega 3 is an important nutrient for your body as it improves the function of your eye, heart, and brain. Eating Walnuts and algae-based food can increase your omega 3 levels.
- Iodine – Iodine produces thyroid hormones. The thyroid hormones have control over the metabolism and many other functions. Your body requires thyroid hormones for brain development. Plant-based food like seaweed contains Iodine.
- Vitamin B-12 – You can find Vitamin B-12 nutrients mostly in animals. It functions and improvises several body parts. It also assists to protect red blood cells and the nervous system.
- Vitamin D – This vitamin assists your body to fight against several chronic diseases including cancer. It also assists in strengthening teeth. Vitamin D can also be produced naturally when your body is exposed to sunlight. Besides that, you can consume spinach, okra, and soybeans to produce Vitamin D.
- Zinc – Zinc plays an important role to make DNA, the development of cells, and the immune system. Zinc helps to fight several viruses. Some vegetables including mushrooms, spinach, and broccoli are rich in zinc
- Iron – Iron assists our body to make hemoglobin. It is a protein in RBC that carries oxygen from the lungs and circulates through all body parts. Most green vegetables are rich in iron including spinach, broccoli, beet greens, collards, and peas.
It gets difficult to replace meat with some vegetables to fulfill nutrients when switching from a carnivore diet to a vegan diet. But here are some of the vegetables and fruits you can use instead of animal products.
As said, “Life offers no guarantees”, so talking about food, you can avoid getting sick or major diseases by consuming an organic vegan diet. It can be difficult for you to cook when new to vegan-based meals but with the Dinnerly promo code, you can get the nutrition food required for your body at your doorstep.
About the Author
James Richard mastered Nutrition and Dietetics at Eastern Illinois University. He always had a passion to make new vegan recipes that contain the required nutrients for the human body. Now he is retired, spending time with family and sharing his life experience.