Lizzo says that she isn’t vegan to lose weight, she just feels better eating plants and living a vegan lifestyle. Go, queen! The singer told Vanity Fair that she leads a “very healthy lifestyle” both mentally and spiritually and that health is one of her top priorities.
“I try to keep everything I put in my body super clean,” Lizzo said.
🍃 as a new vegan im enjoying exploring flavors from plants & plant based proteins! Every journey is personal & deserves to be celebrated
Her motivation for her vegan life has nothing to do with changing her weight, she told Vanity Fair.
“Health is something I prioritize, wherever that leads me physically. Like veganism, people were like, ‘You’re a vegan? What, are you deep frying the lettuce?’ I’m not a vegan to lose weight, I just feel better when I eat plants,” she said.
Lizzo is a recipient of PETA’s “Most Beautiful Vegans,” as she first began her vegan journey in 2020. Previously, she had been a vegetarian for more than a decade and, with the help of her fans, decided to take the leap. She began sharing vegan recipes on TikTok and sharing her plant-based health journey on social media.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!