PrimaLoft has released a new vegan alternative to animal-derived down to create a natural and warm fluff.
The PrimaLoft Insulation Rise is warm, stylish, and versatile insulation. The construction of the insulations allows for it to be used in everything from bulky sprays to think and lightweight pieces. Over 50 global brands have welcomes the insulation for their fall collection, including Adidas Terrrex, Helly Hansen, Hugo Boss, Joe Fresh, J.Crew, Lululemon, Ripzone, and Yeezy Gap.
The PrimaLoft Insulation Rise first hit the market in 2020 and quickly became one of the fastest-growing products in the company, Sourcing Journal reported.
“PrimaLoft Rise is an excellent example of our ‘relentlessly responsible’ mission to raise the bar for performance and sustainability through innovation,” said Tara Maurer Mackay, Senior Vice President of Product Strategy. “The product’s unique construction provides a lightweight warmth that is extremely durable and resists compression across an incredible variety of thicknesses and weights. This allows us to provide brands with a product they can use to design everything from a lifestyle puffer or tech outer jacket to a cozy sleeping bag or quilt. Many of our partners have been excited about the versatility of the PrimaLoft Rise.”
The new PrimaLoft Rise is a vegan alternative and is made with at least 80 percent post-consumer recycled content. The alternative reduces the environmental impact of clothing and saves countless animal lives!
Source: Tiny Rescue Climate Collection
Much like our food, it’s easy for many to forget where their clothes come from. Animals are far too often exploited and misused in the fashion industry. When fashion literally kills, it’s time for us to begin educating ourselves and the public about how animals are exploited in the fashion industry and what we can do to change the horrifying realities. There are so many great alternatives to all of these materials that don’t require anyone to lose their life.
Sign this petition to demand major fashion brands like Prada, Versace, Armani, Michael Kors, Zara, H&M, Coach, Chanel, and more replace animal leather with plant-based alternatives!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!