The health benefits of butternut squash are undeniable, but it’s the taste that’ll make this a favorite soup recipe. Roasted butternut squash is cooked with onion, celery, carrots and garlic, then pureed into a creamy soup. Delish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the butternut squash by leaving it whole and poking holes in it with a fork. Cook in a 350-degree F oven for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Let it cool, cut it in half and remove the seeds.
- In a pot, add onion, celery and carrots. Cook until soft. Add garlic, squash and vegetable stock. Put the lid on and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes.
- With an immersion blender puree until smooth. Garnish as desired.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.