It’s that time of year again when leftovers are the name of the game. After a big holiday, knowing how to use up and keep eating leftovers is a skill. Not only does eating leftovers help prevent food waste, but it also makes for creating new and delicious meals. Plus, the post-holiday season is the time when you might not want to spend much time in the kitchen. So, we’ve also included some lighter meals so you can quickly whip up some delicious eats.
If you’re looking for even more Thanksgiving guides, check out this Weekly Spotlight: Thanksgiving Leftover Inspiration! and this Weekly Meal Plan: The Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend if you need more inspiration!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
This week, we’re bringing delicious, fully vegan, and plant-based ways to enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers and ingredients!
Repurposing Thanksgiving Leftovers
Source: Cranberry Cheese Tarts
Using up Thanksgiving leftovers has never been easier! If you’re looking for a creative spin to put on your leftovers, these recipes are your answer. If you’ve got extra cranberries laying around, you can make these tarts or even use them in tacos. Plus, if you’ve got extra rice, you can try out the Thanksgiving Inspired Rice!
Using Up Extra Thanksgiving Ingredients
Source: 15-Minute Lentil Tomato Pasta
Leftovers don’t just mean the cooked food, but also the ingredients you may have. Sometimes, you don’t need the whole can of pumpkin puree or coconut cream. Maybe you don’t use the full bag of lentils or have an extra sweet potato. These are wonderful recipes to try if you’ve got random Thanksgiving ingredients laying around.
Quick, Light Meals to Enjoy!
Sometimes after Thanksgiving, you might not feel like making food or spending time in the kitchen. Thanksgiving can be a cook-heavy holiday, and an eating-heavy one, so you might not even want to spend time eating. This is a wonderful time of year to listen to your body and its needs. These recipes are perfect when you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe that’ll keep you feeling focused and full!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!